Monday, July 18, 2011

This is Captain America Calling...




On a busy movie set there are a million distractions for actors preparing for a scene. How do you get in the right mood with all of that yelling, hammering, clanging and more yelling? Many actors use music. They'll plug in their earphones, close their eyes and press play.
1001Songs asked the stars of Captain America ( out Friday) what kind of music they listened to between takes on the set.



Hayley Atwell "You've Got The Love" by Florence and the Machine

I do use music if I need to be in a certain mood and I'm not really in it.
Music is so great at being able to lift your spirits or just take you to a place in your imagination.
That summer I was listening to a lot of Florence from Florence and the Machine
because she's a very amazing artist with an incredible voice so, yeah, she was around the Captain America set quite a bit.












Chris Evans "Goin' to Acapulco" by Jim James and Calexico

"Goin' to Acapulco" I'm Not There. Is that the Bob Dylan movie? With Cate Blanchett! They have a great song. There's a scene in the film (Captain America) where I have to be a little emotional. I don't want to give away what the scene is. but I did listen to that song on repeat. It just kinda gets me brewing.








Sebastian Stan- "Lateralus" by Tool

(Sebastian said he listened to a lot of WW2 era music for research).
You wanted to know what kind of music they listened to, and what kinds of movies they watched because they probably emulated a lot of that so I did look back at jazz in the 40's.
   But  then sometimes you listen to certain songs to get you prepared for an action scene. Like anything from Eminem to Tool.


No comments:

Post a Comment