Friday, March 29, 2013

40 Year Itch : Does a '5' Really Look Like an 'F'?


[Purchase]

I know why they don't look happy. They're posing on the cover of The Jackson 5ive's  least successful album to date. Skywriter ( released March 29, 1973)  is a seriously underrated album that has become best known for having 14 year old Michael sing the soft core ballad "Touch".
  True , the lyrics do sound like something off of Marvin Gaye's forthcoming Let's Get It On:

Darlin' just relax 
You melt me like hot candle wax
 One touch and my whole body melts
 You just say, you say you can't express yourself 
 Oh, just keep doin' what you're doin'
 Fancy words will only ruin it 
Touch (touch me) That very special touch
 If I satisfy you (if I satisfy you)
 How can you satisfy me baby

  JACKSON 5IVE "TOUCH"
 


No comments:

Post a Comment