Thursday, June 13, 2013

Soul Top 20 June 9, 1973


The Spinners celebrate replacing Barry White at #1 on the Soul Charts by playing the Apollo Theater with special guests Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes


1. The Spinners : One of a Kind (Love Affair)


2. Barry White : I'm Gonna Love You Just a Little More Baby
3. Dells : Give Your Baby a Standing Ovation



4. Gladys Night and the Pips : Daddy Could Swear, I Declare
5.Bloodstone : Natural High


6. The Independents : Leaving Me
7. Chairmen of the Board : Finders Keepers
8. Tyrone Davis : Without You In My Life


9. The O'Jays : Time to Get Down
10. Sylvia : Pillow Talk
11. Billy Preston: Will It Go Round in Circles
12. The Dramatics : Get Off My Mountain


13.  New Birth : I Can Understand It
14. the J.B's : Doing It to Death
15. First Choice : Armed and Extremely Dangerous


16. Intruders : I'll Always Love My Mama
17. Stylistics : You'll Never Get to Heaven ( If You Break My Heart)
18. Michael Jackson : With a Child's Heart
19. Mandrill : Fencewalk


20. James Brown : Think

No comments:

Post a Comment