When "Honey Bee" was released, it became known as the Disco National Anthem, because it received so much disco play.
Gloria Gaynor, I Will Survive
It was the first disco "suite". On the Gloria Gaynor album, Never Can Say Goodbye, released in January of 1975, the three disco songs on side one all segue into each other for some non-stop 20 minutes of dyno-mite dancing action. That helped propel all three songs to the top of the newly formed disco charts, including future Top 10 single "Never Can Say Goodbye" and a two year old tune called "Honey Bee", which required a new video performance shot atop a New York City skyscraper.
Disco Action Audience Reaction Chart
1. Al Downing: I'll Be Holding On
2. Shirley and Company : Shame, Shame, Shame
3. Jimmy Castor : E-Man Boogie
4. B.T. Express : Express
5 Sister Sledge: Love Don't You Go Through No Changes On Me
6. Gloria Gaynor: Honey Bee/ Never Can Say Goodbye/ Reach Out7. Carol Douglas : Doctor's Orders
8. Carl Douglas : Blue Eyed Soul
9. Labelle : Lady Marmalade
10. Stylistics: Hey Girl Come and Get It