Monday, September 7, 2015

40 Year Itch : In The Valley of Love


Leon Haywood : I Want'a Do Something Freaky To You



   Famously sampled by Dr Dre and Snoop Doggy Dog for 1993's "Nothing But a G Thang", Leon Haywood's "I Wanna Do Something Freaky To You" hit the pop charts at #90 the week of September 6th, 1975. The female moans make it pretty clear what kind of freaky stuff Leon Haywood had in mind. His single actually preceded Donna Summer's orgy of orgasms, "Love To Love You Baby", into the Hot 100 by several months, peaking at #17.



Your love looks like a mountain 
And I'd love to slide down into your canyon 
In the valley of love 
I won't rest I won't rest until I bring joy and happiness 
I wanta do something freaky to you the zodiac sign 
I won't quit until I blow your mind 
Compatible or not I'll hit the spot 
In the name of love with everything I got, oh 
I wanta do something freaky to you




No comments:

Post a Comment