It was the 70's so much of what made the Top 40 was awful but nothing was quite so revolting as these top five hits from 1975.
1. MORRIS ALBERT: FEELINGS -- Over. Wrought. With lyrics so generic they could be about a lost love or a dead pet gerbil.
2. GEORGE BAKER SELECTION and JONATHAN KING : UNA PALOMA BLANCA --There were two competing versions of this wretched song on the charts at the same time
3. JOHN DENVER WITH OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN: FLY AWAY --A song about a depressed city dweller leaping off a building?
4. WING AND A PRAYER FIFE AND DRUM CORPS : BABYFACE --When a 50 year old song gets trashed by disco treatment everybody of every age loses.
5. MICHAEL MARTIN MURPHEY : WILDFIRE --The dead horse song