Friday, April 15, 2016

40 Year Itch : Diamonds in a Sulphur Mine


Van Der Graaf Generator : My Room ( Waiting For Wonderland)


  Delicate and highly personal, Peter Hammill's "My Room ( Waiting for Wonderland)" is my highlight of Van Der Graaf's critically praised Still Life, released on April 15, 1976. The user generated website Rate Your Music ranks Still Life in its top ten albums of 1976. With lines like "I wait by the door, wondering when you will come and keep me warm/ I pray for the end of the night, hoping the light will still the storm which presently entraps me", this could almost be mistaken for a love song. And to think Hammill and the boys are still recording! The band's next album is expected in September.




The Rate Your Music Top 10 for 1976
1.David Bowie Station to Station 
2 Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life 
3 Ramones Ramones 
4 Rainbow Rising 
5 The Modern Lovers The Modern Lovers 
6 Judas Priest Sad Wings of Destiny 
7 Bob Dylan Desire 
8 Thin Lizzy Jailbreak 
9 Van der Graaf Generator Still Life 
10 Rush 2112





No comments:

Post a Comment