Sunday, July 5, 2020

Paul McCartney's "Coming Up" tops the US Top 10


I spent the Summer of 1980 as an intern for my small town newspaper and having massive amounts of sex. The latter part of that sentence isn't true, but I did learn from a reporter at the Shore Line Times that sex sells, which is why I guess I did an article on motel vacancies in our little town. I would ride up and down miles of hills on my bicycle to get to the newsroom, with a portable radio playing the top hits of the day which were not particularly exciting. If Rocky Burnette's "Tired of Toein' The Line" came out, I'd perk up a little. Anyways here's the list, on this particular week:



1. Paul McCartney "Coming Up"


2 . Lipps, Inc "Funktown"
-Hit No. 1 in 28 different countries around the world and was certified as double-platinum in sales


3. Bette Midler "The Rose"


4. Billy Joel "It's Still Rock and Roll To Me"


5. Elton John "Little Jeannie"


6. Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band  "Against The Wind"


7. Robbie Dupree  "Steal Away"


8. The Spinners "Cupid/ I've Loved You For A Long Time"


9. Ambrosia "Biggest Part Of Me"


10. Jermaine Jackson "Let's Get Serious"


13. Rocky Burnette "Tired of Toein' The LIne"

NEW TO THE CHARTS :



                                            33. Rolling Stones "Emotional Rescue"

No comments:

Post a Comment