Wednesday, January 7, 2015

40 Year Itch : Put On Your Shaky Wig Baby





   I'm not sure I can handle the enthusiasm of the dancing male vocalist, Jesus Alvarez, who yowls and sings this disco hit with Shirley Goodman ( whose last big hit was "Let the Good Times Roll" 18 years earlier as one half of the New Orleans duo Shirley and Lee). "Shame, Shame, Shame" was the #1 Disco song in January of 1975. All the disco clubs were filling the floor with this number. Especially memorable lyrics:

Got my sun-roof down
Got my diamonds in the back
So put on your shaky wig baby
If you don't I ain't comin' back


++++++


Also on this date in 1975, Wheel of Fortune made its TV debut. The host was Chuck Woolery.


2 comments:

  1. If they are off to a wedding in that clobber they will upstage the bride and groom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame shame shame on me! Who the white dude?!! Hahahahaha. All these years I assumed (wrongly I guess…) that Shirley was keeping some brown "company". And how is it that the white dude puts all the oomph in the song while Shirley just shasays to the beat but it's "Shirley and Company"???. That's a fun track! The album cover has a cartoon with Shirley pointing her finger at Richard Nixon! Guess Shirl had it join' on! Thanks for ejucatin me! :))))

    ReplyDelete