Friday, January 27, 2012
The Barracudas Pick Their Top 10 Fave Songs ( 1980)
Criminally ignored Brit power popsters/ surf revivalists had scored a minor hit with "Summer Fun" when they provided this list to the September 18th, 1980 issue of Smash Hits. How cool that they showed so much love for The Sonics! Via Like Punk Never Happened .
1. The Sonics: Boss Hogg - Words can't describe the sub-human splendour of this song. Makes the Sex Pistols sound like The Carpenters.
2. Jan Berry: Universal Coward - The pits in right wing protest.
3. The Flamin' Groovies: Shake Some Action - The ultimate seventies single by the last true rock and roll band.
4. The Mousketeers: Schnitzelbond - A quality novelty hit.
5. P.F. Sloan: This Precious Time - Folk Rock genius Sloan's premier sob story.
6. The Beach Boys: I'm Bugged At My Old Man - Shows how bad a good group are at their best/worst.
7. The Ramones: I Want You Around - Joey sounds more like a sick sheep than ever.
8. The Byrds: Bells of Rhymney - A thing of beauty is a joy forever.
9. The Dictators: I Live for Cars and Girls - A group whose taste has no place in human affairs.
10. Annette Funicello/ Beach Boys: The Monkey's Uncle - A record of orang-utan proportions