Friday, December 30, 2016

40 Favorite Songs of 1976




1. Flamin Groovies : Shake Some Action




2. Al Stewart : Year of the Cat
3. Stevie Wonder : I Wish
4. 10cc: I'm Mandy Fly Me
5. Thin Lizzy : The Boys Are Back in Town
6. Modern Lovers : Roadrunner




7. Climax Blues Band : Couldn't Get it Right
8. The Nerves : Hanging on the Telephone
9. Nick Lowe: So It Goes
10. Jorge Ben : Ponta de Lanca (Umbabarauma)
11. The Saints: (I'm) Stranded



12. The Ramones : Blitzkreig Bop
13. The Spinners : Rubberband Man
14. Rory Gallagher : Do You Read Me
15. Manfred Mann's Earth Band : Blinded By the Light
16. David Bowie : Station to Station



17. Boz Scaggs: Lowdown
18. Wings : Silly Love Songs
19. Sex Pistols : Anarchy in the UK
20. Dazz : Brick
21. Dr Buzzard's Original Savannah Band : Cherchez La Femme



22. Radio Birdman :  I-94
23. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers : American Girl
24. Graham Parker and the Rumour : Between You and Me
25. Bee Gees : You Should Be Dancing
26. Junior Murvin : Police and Thieves



27. Penguin Cafe Orchestra : The Sound of Someone You Love Who's Going Away
28. Tim Maia : Nobody Can Live Forever
29. Bob Seger : Night Moves
30. Dave Edmunds : Here Comes the Weekend
31. Sutherland Brothers and Quiver : Arms of Mary



32. Doug Sahm : Give Back the Keys to My Heart
33. Bryan Ferry : Let's Stick Together
34. Todd Rundgren : Love of the Common Man
35. Sherbet : Howzat



36. Four Seasons: December 1963 ( Oh What a Night)
37. Jacob Miller Tenement Yard
38. T.Rex: I Love to Boogie
39. Can: I Want More
40. Hot Chocolate : Heaven is in the Back Seat of my Cadillac



3 comments:

  1. So you *really* like Dr Buzzard's Original Savannah Band? (#14 and #21) ;)

    looking forward to your reviews of 1977

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good catch. Now I get to add my Rory Gallagher tune

      Delete
  2. Thanks for an excellent 1976, looking forward to '77.
    http://liverpoolerics.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete