Courtney Love made a grunge heavy list of her top ten favorite albums for Spin Magazine's Alternate Record Guide, published in 1995, a year after her husband's suicide. That's the same year Hole's second album, Live Through This, went platinum and Barbara Walters named Love one of the year's 10 Most Fascinating People. There are two Nirvana albums, but equally interesting is the Echo and the Bunnymen album which I can imagine her listening to on a walkman as she travelled around Ireland and England in 1982.
1. Echo and the Bunnymen : Heaven Up Here
2. Nirvana : Nevermind
3. Gun Club : Fire of Love
4. Pixies : Surfer Rosa
5. Mudhoney : Superfuzz Bigmuff EP
6. Leonard Cohen : Songs From a Room
7. P J Harvey : Dry
8. Husker Du : New Day Rising
9. Nirvana: In Utero
10. Nine Inch Nails : The Downward Spiral
Fun fact : Courtney played "The Bride" in a 1988 Ramones video for "I Wanna Be Sedated".