Monday, December 25, 2017

The 50 Best Albums of 1977


Wire : Ex-Lion Tamer

Here at last is my list of the 50 best albums of 1977. As you may know, I've spent the past year--musically at least --in the year the two sevens clashed. Many of the albums I've loved the longest survived the year. There were a few I did not really  know ( Pacific Ocean Blue, The Belle Album, Heart of the Congos, Suicide, ) that made the list. Some sentimental favorites that I actually owned within a year of their release ( News of the World, The Stranger, I Robot, Deceptive Bends) probably took the place of something more deserving but it's my list so fuck off. 


Wire Pink Flag
Television Marquee Moon
The Clash s/t
Brian Eno Before and After Science
Talking Heads '77


Elvis Costello : (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes


Elvis Costello My Aim Is True
David Bowie Low
Steely Dan Aja
Ramones Rocket To Russia
Bob Marley Exodus


Cheap Trick : Downed


Cheap Trick  In Color
Fleetwood Mac Rumours
The Jam In the City
Sex Pistols Never Mind
The Saints Stranded



Dennis Wilson : Farewell My Friend


Dennis Wilson Pacific Ocean Blue
Al Green The Belle Album
David Bowie Heroes
Kraftwerk Trans Europe Express
Earth Wind and Fire All'n'All


The Ramones : Swallow My Pride



The Ramones Leave Home
James Taylor JT
Ian Dury New Boots
Culture Two Sevens Clash
Cheap Trick s/t



Iggy Pop : Lust for Life


Iggy Pop Lust for Life
Richard Hell and the Voidoids Blank Generation
The Damned Damned Damned Damned
Dwight Twilley Band Twilley Don't Mind
Billy Joel The Stranger


Pete Townshend and Ronnie Lane : My Baby Gives It Away



Pete Townshend and Ronnie Lane Rough Mix
The Congos Heart of the Congos
Dead Boys Loud Young and Snotty
Ultravox! s/t
Queen News of the World



The Stranglers : Hanging Around



The Stranglers Rattus Norvegicus
Vibrators Pure Mania
Peter Gabriel s/t
Electric Light Orchestra Out of the Blue
Iggy Pop The Idiot

Alan Parson Project : I Robot


Alan Parsons Project I Robot
Weather Report Heavy Weather
Dave Edmunds Get It
Suicide s/t
Parliament Funkentelechy Vs The Placebo Syndrome



Eddie and the Hot Rods : Quit This Town


Eddie and the Hot Rods Life On The Line
Garland Jeffreys Ghost Writer
Mink DeVille Cabretta
Townes Van Zandt Live at the Old Quarter
10cc Deceptive Bends

No comments:

Post a Comment